Upcoming Family Events
Arctic, Norwegian and Swedish Stories,
Songs and Games with
Stina Fagertun &
April 8, 9 & 10
Our Libraries are one of 20 amazing stops on the Santa Barbara Educators’ Roundtable Passport. Visit organizations through April 14th to complete educational activities and receive stamps. http://www.sbert.org/
Passport to Santa Barbara County
Homework at the Library
All Library branches offer a place to study, books for reading assignments and report information, and computers that students can use to print pictures and type reports. Link here for Online Resources
Carpinteria Library Homework Center
- Homework support in a space just for kids age 8 through middle school, including activities and computers.
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays 2:30-5:30
- Wednesdays 1:30-5:30
- Tail Waggin’ Tutors – Read with a dog – drop in Tuesdays 3:00-4:00pm
- Library phone 805.684.4314
Central Library Drop-In Reading and Homework Help
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- Wednesdays 2:30pm – 5:30pm
- ARF 4 Kids - Read with a dog – drop in Tuesdays 3:30-5:00pm
- Library phone 805.564.5603
- Volunteer training Wednesday April 9 4-5:30pm register here
Eastside Library Art and Homework
- Work on a group art project and receive help with your homework.
- Registration required – call 805.963.4364 to contact Tina Villadolid, Coordinator of Community Art Programs,
Museum of Art
- Library phone 805.963.3727
Goleta Library Paws to Read
- Read with a Dog! Call 805.964.7878 to register for an appointment on Tuesday or Thursday afternoons.
Online Resources for Students
Britannica KIDS – An online encyclopedia for students in grades 4-9. (For in-library use click here)
Toucan Valley Social Studies Fact Cards – Reference information for reports on: California Indians, California Explorers, California Missions & Mission Life, California Ranchos, California Governors, and California History by Decade (pre-1770 to present)
Link here for more in-depth research tools
Fizz! Boom! READ
Summer Reading Program
will start on Tuesday, June 10 and run through Thursday, July 31, 2014.
- This year we’ll be focusing on science
- Visit any Library to earn reading rewards
- Community service opportunity for teens
- Special events throughout June and July at all Library Branches
In compliance with the ADA, if you need special assistance to participate in these events, please contact Library Administration at 564-5608.
Find Titles in Your Favorite Series